Friday, April 18, 2008

Here we go again...

New stuff, so new blog. Hopefully this one's for the long haul.
Last night was, well, my last night, at the BN here in Tucson. Now I'm giving myself three days to pack (that's really being generous; if I wasn't allowed to be so lazy, I'd be done today), and then the rest of the week to get as much done on the 3rd St house as possible.

Of course, I've also got other things to do:
I've got to return things to the Himmel library. This is sad for me, because it is the quirkiest library I've ever seen. They seem to have less than half of any series of books I've looked for, and never the first book of any of them. And then the selection of individual books is... eclectic. And of course they have Hot Librarian... sigh, I will miss her.

I've got one more Metal Tuesday left... The weekly MetalHead show at Cactus Moon is the most oddly unifying experience I've had... Josh went, then I went, then Josh and I went, and I met his friend Krista, and Adrienne went, then Dawna, and Corben, and now Pam and Kara and Kristen and Krystal. I've worked with all of these people for six months, and I'm only now getting to know them, all due to the power of this 80s metal cover band.

"Lost" will return to television before I leave. That irritates me a bit, only because it reminds me a dragged my feel a couple of weeks; I thought I'd be in Seattle by now. That won't stop me from getting my "Lost" fix, though. I should get a car charger for my phone, because I'll probably spend hours talking to Mark and Scott and my father about whatever new craziness develops within that hour.

I ought to also settle things with First Tennessee; clear up my account with them (last I checked, in August, I was $200 under), so I can open up a new account. It has occurred to me that I may not find hotels to stay at on my trip, since I don't have a valid credit/debit card for them to authorize (which is ridiculously a common requirement, even when paying cash for the stay).

Last but foremost, I have to get over something ridiculous that's been going on in my head since January...

No comments: