Monday, June 30, 2008

FAIL: Adventure on the high seas! (& Jenny FTW)

I woke up yesterday to the sound of a text message

That up there, thanks to my internet "connection," is all Blogger was able to autosave of a blog I spent oven an hour writing on Monday. Since that crushing blow, I have not had the patience to blog. So Almost There... is missing out on my great story of sailing and picnicking and philosophizing with an engineer, an architect and a cellist.

In newer news, I once again proved my theory, "Put a Bottle In Front Of Me, and I Will Drink It Empty," by draining a cheap bottle of Merlot as I talked to Age, and then Dawna, on the phone until 2:30AM. Meanwhile I finally worked out a draft of my next tattoo that looks like something I'd be willing to get inked. Then I slept, and still managed to get to work at about 6:40AM. I don't understand why I wake up easier after a night of drinking. Anyway, I blame Katie, because I can.

But this is what I came to do today: brag about my sister. Here I am doing all I can to keep life interesting, she goes and tops me by living in the Biosphere-2 this summer. (Yes, the Biosphere-2 does still exist.) During our first trip to the Bs2 last year, Scott and Jenny and I were obsessed with the library--practically the only place we weren't able to get into. Now she's been sending me pictures from inside the library. And she's been living in the same dorm that we snuck into back then. Needless to say, I'm wicked jealous.
Not all of her time, though, was spent in the Great Indoors. She and the other three students who were selected have been hiking and camping, as I understand it. It's all connected to a water conservation project (or as we're saying these days, "initiative") lead by Arizona Rivers. Here is a news story on there-local station KUAT, discussing the project, and even interviewing my kiddo.

No comments: